Monday, March 24, 2008

eh....

So, I think it's pretty safe to say that most people in my field go through phases during which we lack self-confidence. I am in one of those phases right now. I think I can credit this to the fact that 42nd Street is closing and I don't have anything else lined up. Also, I just got back to the city last night from our second to last weekend of the show and have been in a funk ever since. I went to Bubba's to check my schedule...let me rephrase that....I battled my way through Easter Sunday gang warfare to go to Bubba's and check my schedule for the upcoming weeks. 4 out of the 5 shifts are during the day. This is exactly the rant I had with one of the managers several months ago. I was only getting day shifts. Am I not pulling my weight at night? What is the deal?! Everyone knows day shifts are crap. Granted, I'll be getting tipshare case they're bar shifts, but really? How am I supposed to audition if I am stuck in that bar from 9-5. The whole point of being an actor working in a restaurant is so I can work at night and have my days free to audition!!!!! 

OK..aside from restaurant life...let's see... I am hoping to work in Idaho this summer at Coeur d'Alene in their production of Les Mis. I have been dying to do this show and have just youtube an audition clip. I probably could have acted at least a little bit in this clip, but it was a very awkward situation so I just sang mostly. I hope they like it.

Here it is:



Aside from that, i will be posting some pics from the show very soon. I just want to take some more first....

No comments: